Saturday, January 21, 2006

Love

A love that is true and simple, pure and sweet. Complicated in all the right places. He is a man(from Mars at times) and I...well.... I am a woman(and he claims I am from Venus). We fit. Total opposites in areas that you would think could break a relationship, but somehow it hasn't. The connection was there before either one of us admitted it. How could we know? We were in highschool. Does anyone know anything when in highschool? I had my priorities and he had his. Mine changed when I wasn't looking. His? Well, you will have to ask him.

The road to where we are now hasn't been smooth always. We detoured I think early on. Well, HE detoured and lead me down a road that was a dead end for me. HE continued on! I was left to find my way back to the beginning. Back to where I wasn't supposed to know the secrets of life. Back to where it all begins. I stalled. I couldn't move. How could this have happened?? How could I have been misled by, by, by what? By who? I was frozen in time. What was that? I heard something. Time passed and still the noises were louder. I saw something? Yes I saw something! He came back! He came back! He went on ahead and cleared the path and then u turned and came back for me. ME!!!! Not the others that he met while clearing that path but ME!!!! What was that saying about if you love something you have to let it go? Well I did. And he did come back!

This July 3rd will be our 7 year wedding anniversary! Ah yes.....the story is true. It is my story. Well part of it anyway. A love that is true and simple, pure and sweet. This is the love that I have.


*note to the readers---- this is a true spin on my real life love story. Please be kind!

5 Comments:

At January 21, 2006 10:55 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww. Glad he came back for you, otherwise we might not have gotten to know each other!

 
At January 21, 2006 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely love story. And you tell it well.

 
At January 22, 2006 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hubby and I are total opposites in most every way, but I think that is a good thing. He is strong in ways I am not, and I am in ways he is not. We help each other. We complete each other. We've had quite a journey as well, and thank God we've made it through the other side of the worst of times. I just look forward to growing old with him.. and I enjoy the journey getting there.

Isn't marriage awesome?!!

 
At January 22, 2006 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, sorry I forgot to leave my name on that comment. LOL This is Cassie! (http://spaces.msn.com/members/humblefamily)

 
At January 24, 2006 10:05 PM, Blogger Chris said...

That is very sweet. And I agree with Raynwomaan. You tell it very well. Sorry it took so long to comment on this one. I really liked it. It sounds like it could be the opening monologue/voice-over for a movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home