Saturday, February 11, 2006

Grace won... this time!

Last night I tried to fight off a mugger and ended up breaking my toe/foot! He came out of nowhere and then attacked me. I struggled for a moment to get my bearings and then kung fu kicked him into a wall. While doing so I ended up kicking the wall as well as I was landing. I am ok except for the broken toe/foot....can't tell if it is the toe or the foot near the toes....too swollen to tell right now. The attacker was apprehended and taken into custody.


Well.... at least that is what I wished happened. I was getting my blanket and quilt, that goes on the bed, out of the dryer. I love clean blankets and if they are warm it makes them all that much better. Anyway, I turned around and was walking back into the main part of the house and I tripped over something and ended up catching my fall with my right foot on our hand truck! I screamed and my husband came running. It is really swollen and hard to get around. You see the washer and dryer are down stairs in the garage part of the basement. Yes that's right folks....I have two levels to maneuver. I also have two young, very active boys to chase and keep up with. I am looking for crutches to use until the swelling goes down. So my above story is what I wished happened instead of this lame story of fighting with Grace and she won......THIS TIME!

5 Comments:

At February 11, 2006 8:01 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Quick! Take a picture of it for next week's HNT!

 
At February 11, 2006 8:23 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Yes! That would be funny as hell!

Thanks for the comments over at my blog. The book I was quoting is the second in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, just for reference.

 
At February 12, 2006 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you little bugger, I thought you had been mugged...errrr

hope you feel better.
tc

 
At February 12, 2006 11:48 AM, Blogger decker said...

maybe now your crew can wait on you!

 
At February 13, 2006 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, what lovely adventures you've been having! Just wait 'til the little ones start trying to climb the crutches!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home