Thursday, August 31, 2006

Soccer Mom...

That's right. It is official. I am a soccer mom. I am not real sure how I feel about it really. My oldest is playing soccer now and that is hard enough to believe. He is doing really well, I knew he would. He's a quick study. So here's the story:

Practice was coming to an end Tuesday night and the coach beelined it to where I was standing. He started speaking, telling me about refreshments and the protocol. He then said he needed someone to take charge of the parent list and organize it all. I volunteered.... although I didn't feel as though I had an option. I like doing stuff like this or I wouldn't have said I would. Then on the way home from practice it hit me like a bolt of lightning... "I'm a SOCCER MOM!"

Then I come here and read my comments. Top Cat left me a very nice very....ahem *blushing* comment and it made me forget that I was a soccer mom. My husband can still make me blush. It is nice to feel like I still have it...even if TC doesn't know me. LOL! I am not vying for compliments here. Really I am not. It just came a really good time.

I failed to leave you with a Happy Monday this week. I am sorry for that. I will make it up to you today...... and old HNT that got a great response.


7 Comments:

At August 31, 2006 10:18 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Now you need a minivan! hehehehehe

Nice picture too, btw. :)

 
At August 31, 2006 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My, that's a very romantic picture. Your husband is a lucky man.

 
At August 31, 2006 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep ya gotta get that van!!

Great photo!!

HHNT!

 
At August 31, 2006 3:30 PM, Blogger Stealth said...

I love the way the light hits you in that picture...very beautiful...

HHNT

 
At August 31, 2006 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this picture amber and yes you still HAVE IT!!!:)

Thank you for your sweet, kind comments, also thank you for your comments on my blog I really appreciate it.

 
At September 01, 2006 7:41 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Beautiful pic ! Yep it is hard to see ourselves as soccer moms and such . I am a baseball mom and I perform the task of organizing snacks and all the fun things like that for my sons team . I also do the scoreboard and book every single game . Just because you are a soccer mom doesn't mean you don't have "it" anymore . I think that you are a beautiful young , wonderful mother and I also think that there is something about motherhood that makes a woman beautiful . Have a great day !

 
At September 01, 2006 4:42 PM, Blogger Xmichra said...

that is a lovely picture Bubbles.

All i can hear is this:

You know I used to be a bad girl
I got busy in the bathroom at my high school prom
Yeah I used to be a dancer at the local strip club
But now I know my right wing from my wrong

Yeah, yeah

I really used to be a bad girl
I had a threesome with my sister and her boyfriend tom
I know I used to be a real wild child
But now I am a volvo-driving soccer mom

Na-na na-na na-na na-na na-na na-na...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home