Monday, August 14, 2006

Just thinkin'

I was in the kitchen cleaning it and let my brain roam a bit. I try to keep it in check but there have been times when it gets away form me before I can stop it. I thought it was amusing so I thought that I would come here and share it with my blog buddies. I would like to note now that all of this has most likely happened to me at one time or another not necessarily at the present.

Have you ever wondered why the bank will charge you a fee for not having any money ing the bank. The overdraft fee baffles me really. If I had an extra $32 laying around I wouldn't have had something bounce now would I. And why do they continue to charge the fee for everything that comes through when they already know the money isn't there? While I am at it why don't they call you when this happens? Instead of mailing you a note days after the fact not to mention tons of overdraft fees later.

Why is that there is NOTHING on t.v during the summer months? Not even decent reruns are played. I still pay the same amount of money for that piece of entertainment and yet I sit for 10 to 15 minutes looking for anything that resembles mind numbing relaxation. I have two young boys....I need it. I thrive on it in the evenings curling up on the sofa and not doing anything. Then the summer comes along and it is so hot you could fry an egg on a tin roof and experts are telling me to stay inside and avoid the heat and yet there is nothing to do. There is only so much cleaning and so many crafts one can do before I want to run screaming out into the sweltering heat and take my chances with the heat stroke and buzzards. Then like magic the new seasons start and All is well.....for a time. Can there not be a fall/winter t.v. season and spring/summer season? Are there not enough actors out there to make this possible? And please no more reality t.v.! The whole reason I am turning on the t.v. is to escape it ... not to return to a Hollywood version of reality.

Ever wonder how a computer can understand your words and your neighbors words and the hick that lives down the street words and the yuppie uptowns words? With all of the dialects we have in this country how is this possible? Is there a mute on the line listening to what you are saying and typing in the information? Mutes need jobs too right? On the same line of chaos don't you wonder why when you call a company with a problem say with the billing that the human you finally reach says that it was a human that put you on a list but a computer. That it was a mistake you shouldn't have been billed $3000 on your cell phone bill but that it is going to take 3 months to get it cleared. It only took a machine 30 seconds to put me on a bad list but it is going to take a human 3 months to reverse it and then it is up to you to make 30000000 on time payments to be put back on the good list that the computer took you off of in ERROR! WHAT???!!! WHY????!!!!!! It was their fault why am I the one who pays for it?? Besides the last time I checked it takes a human to run the machine. So a human made a mistake which has cause this computer to create a catastrophic snowball that has ruined your life and for some reason it is up to you to clean their mess.


Ok. So I am going to stop there. Now do you see why I keep my thoughts in check? LOL! I don't want to put your brains on overload. There isn't an official Happy Monday today...just my brain! Have a great week!

5 Comments:

At August 14, 2006 8:04 PM, Blogger Kat said...

This is your brain...

And this is your brain on bubbles...


How much caffiene did you have today??

 
At August 15, 2006 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!! funny but my brain works the same way just one thought after another zippppppp!!

 
At August 15, 2006 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bank charges you NSF fees because they make huge sums doing so. They will gladly keep taking those fees which show up as a debit on your account, and the first time you make a desposit, they get their money. It's a scam and one the banks like to use a lot. It's also legal.If you bank has on line banking, balance your account every day. If you use Quicken it's easy. I balance mine daily and they can't ever catch me out because if a check comes in I don't know about (we have four people on our account) I can catch it before it makes a disaster.

 
At August 16, 2006 7:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hate the fact that there's nothing ever on TV in the summer!
arg! :)

 
At August 17, 2006 2:57 PM, Blogger Michael Lehet said...

I think mutes are deaf too aren't they? But what a great idea for a job for them...much better than making macrame plant hangers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home