Monday, July 31, 2006

I'm done!

Well I started this post this morning and was about to save as draft and then publish and then.....click....the power goes out. We had a storm a couple of days ago that put some trees on the lines here and ever since we have been having technical difficulties with the power. So I manually opened the garage door and went to town to do the days chores. I hope that I remember all that I said because I really liked the way it came out. So here goes...


Swim lessons are over! No more driving 25 minutes to and from the lessons. Both boys did really well. I am so very proud of the oldest one. He made huge strides this past week. He is proud too. The little one isn't as cautious with water and did well too but the oldest mini bubble made quantum leaps!

Vacation Bible school finished up last night. The classes actually finished Friday but the commencement was last night. It was neat to see the oldest do his thing....the same thing I was teaching the 3rd graders. He stole the show on one particular song. He is such a ham! I heard that they have winter bible school sometimes. If they do this year we will most definitely be there. I have gotten to meet and know so many nice, happy people. We have been attending this particular church since January or February and have met a few members here and there. However nothing like what I experienced this week. This church is a fantastic support system and I am so glad that I participated this week. Tired but happy!

The boys were kept by my parents this weekend due to the wedding Mr. Bubbles and I were involved in on Saturday. The wedding went off without a hitch. It poured the rain Saturday morning for about 5 or 6 hours and then the sun came out in time to dry things off for the evening wedding. I believe the happy couple are on a cruise somewhere right now.

Mr. Bubbles and I took advantage of not having the boys on Friday night. We went with a friend of ours to a club downtown and saw a band. The band was fantastic. We had heard of them before and have only heard good things about them so we were excited to actually hear them live. It was also fun for us not to be the parents for a bit. We needed a break to be with each other and we had no problem taking advantage of the situation.

Well to keep with the Happy Monday theme that I started a while back here is the joke for the day. I hope all is well and has a great rest of the week!


TOP TEN THINGS THAT SOUND DIRTY IN GOLF BUT AREN'T

10. Nuts...my shaft is bent.

9. After 18 holes I can barely walk.

8. You really whacked the hell out of that sucker.

7. Look at the size of his putter.

6. Keep your head down and spread your legs a bit more.

5. Mind if I join your threesome?

4. Stand with your back turned and drop it.

3. My hands are so sweaty I can't get a good grip.

2. Nice stroke, but your follow through has a lot to be desired.

1. Hold up...I need to wash my balls first.

4 Comments:

At July 31, 2006 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my kids were middle schoolers, three days a week I drove an hour to work, drove an hour home after work, picked them up, drove an hour back to the town where I worked, did a three or four hour karate session with them, then drove home again. Thank God they can drive themselves now.

 
At August 01, 2006 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that list!!! and yall got to see a band?? how cool:-}

 
At August 01, 2006 11:40 AM, Blogger GERBEN said...

ROFL! the list!

 
At August 04, 2006 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha.. totally stealing that list for mondays post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home