Sunday, April 23, 2006

Weekend update

I wanted to update you all on the progress on the kitchen. Everything is primed and all of the kitchen part is painted. I ran out of steam last night and my arms couldn't roll any more so we called it quits late last night. We have the deep burgundy walls left to paint over. These are a trick because they are going down a stairwell. They are also going to have to have at least two coats of paint on top of the primer because the burgundy is so dark it still shows through.

We are going on a picnic on the first part of today and then when we return we'll finish out the painting. All that will be left is for me to find a wide border to go above the cabinets. I was going to paint over them but when the old border came down I saw it was paneling. I don't like the look of painted paneling so border is going back up. Some that I like, not the large paisley, early 1990 to mid 1990's border that was up. I think I also already have curtains that will go up over the window.

I will post pictures of the progression later in the week....maybe tonight if I don't crash first. I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend and am looking forward to your posts. Until then...

8 Comments:

At April 23, 2006 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

home improvement is never any fun but when you can see the results when you're done it's always a treat.

Can't wait to see the pics, don't work too hard, all work and no play.yada yada yada.

tc

 
At April 23, 2006 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you notice when we are talking about painting it is always 'down the stairwell' instead of 'up the stariwell'?? how very odd we are!hehe.

I hope you have recruited Kat for all that painting..hehe.

 
At April 23, 2006 4:59 PM, Blogger Kat said...

ack! I've got painting of my own to do!

 
At April 23, 2006 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's finally looking like Spring here. ABOUT TIME! LOL I can't wait to go out to the park and have a picnic!

 
At April 24, 2006 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures we want lots of pictures:-}

 
At April 24, 2006 5:21 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

Oh cool , I can't wait to see the pics!

 
At April 25, 2006 8:15 AM, Blogger ShyRocket said...

Cool blog and love the background. Enjoyed the visit... best wishes to you.

 
At April 25, 2006 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I were close enough - I LOVE home improvement projects of nearly any kind: building, fixing, installing, and yeah, painting, too.

Can't wait to see pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home