Tuesday, November 07, 2006

REALLY??!!

Has it really been that long since I posted?! What have I been doing? Who have I been talking to? I don't know, not Kat....I know this because she has been whining to me about it...LOL! Can't say that I blame her. We both went from the ones who stay at home to the ones who barely remember what home looks like. I am not complaining. I like being back out in the world where I am a person with a face. To answer some questions it has been work, work, and a little more volunteer work. I mentioned it last post that something was happening at work and I was smack in the middle of it but didn't know how just yet. Remember? Well I think I am getting an idea but I am not ready to share just yet....don't want to jinx it or have to eat my words later, so stay tuned.

We traded the Explorer that was giving us trouble even after I got it back. We got a completely loaded Chevy Trailblazer. Leather, sunroof, power everything, 6 disc BOSE CD player, tinted windows, 3rd row seating....you get the idea. I LOVE IT! I don't care if it were a Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Audi, Honda, Kia....I am not brand loyal...I just want it to run, be dependable, and have a few bells and whistles.

Ok enough about my little mundane life. I want to open up a discussion about two things that are out now. I think I can honestly say I am disgusted by these and I am not going to support them. #1--- the movie Flushed Away. NO WAY! I will not be taking my boys to see a movie about the toilet and where things go when flushed and all of the insinuendos that I am sure are prevalent in this nasty idea of cinematography. #2--- Baby Alive. What in the world? The baby tells you it made a stinky after you feed it. And then you change the diaper and it is dirty! I love babies but the thought of giving my nieces or my baby girl that doesn't exist yet a doll the eats and poops is just wrong. They had a class in highschool that had dolls that cried and you had to figure out what was wrong(if anything) with the "baby". It was to help prevent teen pregnancy. I think it worked on some....they didn't like having to get up all hours of the night to turn a key and press codes to get the thing to quit crying. If only real babies had codes! LOL! I didn't take the class...I was on a different path. And now they have created a toy that does the same thing? Why? Is there really a market out there for this?

Alright....enough of that. I hope all is well out there in blogland and I am doing my best to come and "see" you all as soon as I can! Hugs!

6 Comments:

At November 07, 2006 10:50 AM, Blogger truckdriver_sefl said...

Dang it's good to see you again!!

Oh girl isnt it fun to get a new I mean brand new car??!! That is awesome!! So so happy for yall!!

 
At November 07, 2006 4:53 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

Hey girl ! I agree with you about Flushed Away . When I first saw it advertised I said noway ! because the two little things singing are turds and I don't want my kids seeing that. You bought a great vehicle , Cheverolet. We own four of them , two are venture vans , one is a astro work van for my husbands business then the last one is a 1985 GMC Sierra truck that my husband is re-doing . My husband likes vintage so he now has a new thing to do . It is so good to come over here and see a post !

 
At November 07, 2006 5:06 PM, Blogger Kat said...

I have a new car, but it's old. An old oldsmobile. An old man's old oldsmobile. But I like it. lol

I won't be seeing flushed away either, even though it has my most favorite actor in the world doing the voice. Sorry, rats and sewers are gross.

They had a baby doll like that when i was a kid, but it didn't poop, you gave it a water bottle and it peed. I thought it was stupid and didn't have one.

 
At November 08, 2006 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow..you are busy but thanks for taking time out to say hi to us all.
I always enjoy visiting here.
Congrats on the new car..enjoy.

I agree, the movie and the doll sound stupid..
lata
tc
laughs at kat..does it smell like old man too? lol

 
At November 08, 2006 11:59 PM, Blogger Xmichra said...

that movie creeps me out. i thought those slugs were poo. No way was i going to see a movie with talking poo. and now, i know that they are slugs.. but i still see??? ya, poo. yuck.

Hope you are doing well in your busy-ness!

 
At November 12, 2006 7:51 PM, Blogger Smurf said...

I totally agree with you. Today, we took the kids to McDonalds and the toy that was in the happy meal was that Flushed away one... I was appauled actually. I don't like either one. Kids young find "poop" and "potty" funny enough.. I am disappointed in the fact these have been made actually.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home