Tuesday, March 07, 2006

WHOA....really?

I am going to be writing about my husband today and tomorrow. Good, mushy stuff. SO if you aren't in the mood and don't want to read this please move on now. I don't want you raining on me.






Still thinking about it? I'll give you another moment.













Ok the next line you see will be the start of it. So you can't say you haven't been warned.













On March 8, 1996 my husband and had our first date. It was a date that turns out has lived in infamy, for us anyway. We met in our choir in highschool. It was the end of his senior year and the end of my sophomore year. We are only a year apart in age but the way our birthdays fell it put us two years apart in school. And as I have been told my whole life I am wise beyond my years and I don't act my age....or so they say. I still remember watching him sing. He was a lanky 6 foot 4 inch drink of water. It all started on a choral competition where his best friend, at the time, wanted to date me. I was not really convinced, I had my sights set higher(7 inches to be exact) so I thought I would ask the now Mr. Bubbles what he thought. The answer he gave changed my history forever. He didn't boost his friend into something he was not, or try and convince me to go out with him or his then best friend. He answered honestly. I knew the answer was genuine. I could by his eyes. Those deep chocolate brown eyes. I had only seen eyes that honest from people in my family. Everyone else, specifically boys that were interested in me, seemed to have a hidden agenda in their eyes. Not his. He didn't seem to have anything to hide. Fast forward a few weeks and it was March 8, 1996. We went on a double date. We dined at Fazoli's and took in a show, Mr. Hollands Opus. I felt for the first time I could be myself. I had dated some and had boyfriends along the way and no one made me feel that way.

So that is the very beginning of my love story. I will post tomorrow another snippet to give you some more insight to this journey. It has been a wonderful ride thus far. I can't believe that it will be 10 years tomorrow that we dined and took in a show. "Whoa....really?" is the reaction I get when I mention it to people who knew us then and know us now. Appropriate I think.

3 Comments:

At March 07, 2006 11:14 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Ten years! Wow. Wait a minute. That means I met Mr. Kat ten years ago too. Last Feb 16th to be exact.

 
At March 07, 2006 11:41 AM, Blogger truckdriver_sefl said...

Again Bubbles I say I love your stories keep em coming:-}

 
At March 07, 2006 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well I scrolled all the way down and didn't run away....awwwwwwwwww
what a nice story, can't wait for part 2..I do bet tho mr.bubbles is a very lucky man.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home